Proud Owner of 06 Cyclone Gray GTO - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > New and Prospective Owner Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
06ls2gto

Proud Owner of an 06 Cyclone Gray GTO

Well I finally did it. 2 weeks ago tomorrow I bought an 06 Cyclone Gray A4 with 17" wheels. I love it. Traded my 06 Silverado Z71. Used my GMS discount. I think the GMS price was $30,721 and then a $2000 rebate when you used the GMS.

I live in St Louis and had a really bad experiance at Behlmann Ponitac and had a GREAT experiance at Shottenkirk "GM Giant" in Ft. Madison, IA.

If you are thinking about buying one of the 14 (at the time) that Behlmann has don't bother. They gave me the "we will give you the world" song and dance and when it came to sealing the deal they were $4500.00 less for my truck than what they told me a few days before.

Searched Pontiac.com and found that Shottenkirk had an 05 left. I was going to buy it and we could not get things works out on it (financing due to it being an 05 everyone wanted to view as used) but, they offered me the same deal on one of the 3 06's they had and I took it. Cannot tell you what a great experiance it was. If you live in the Ft Madison area you can not go wrong with them. Give them a try. All dealerships should be like them. Other dealers need to send their sales people there for training. Thanks GM Giant.

Glad I was able to get one new before they were all gone.

Eric
06ls2gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2006, 05:23 PM   #2
BRMike

Congratulations! I've owned my 2004 Impulse Blue Metallic (M6) GTO for a little over two years now (31,000 miles) and I still get a kick out of driving it. I had a rough time getting my car also. There are many Pontiac dealers in my area, but due to lack of professionalism (and GTOs), I ended up taking a two hour road trip to purchase my car. It was well worth the drive.

Do you plan on adding any performance parts to your GTO? Just curious. I have only added a few appearance parts (ROH Wheels, 2006 tail lamps). I am patiently waiting for the Camaro's return.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #3
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06ls2gto
Well I finally did it. 2 weeks ago tomorrow I bought an 06 Cyclone Gray A4 with 17" wheels.
Congratulations!

It is always wonderful to have another join the herd. You may want to check the build date on the car. It seems that there was a batch that had some problems with bad front struts. In any event, you have, IMO, chosen a great vehicle in which to go from point A to point B...be careful because the GTO can get you there so quickly that you might end up at point C.

-K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
06ls2gto

Thanks to both for the welcome. I am planning on doing a few things to it. Drop in K&N, maybe the SAP grille and Flowmasters in the future.

My car was made in May 06.

Eric
06ls2gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #5
LA_Phantom

I seem to remember the batch of leaky '06 struts were manufactured in February '06? Just to be on the safe side, I would keep an eye on them. Chances are that you will not have a problem with them, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Now don't go getting on that bad boy and blowing it up. Even though I do not necessarily agree we the break-in period defined in the owner's manual, there is a break-in period. Mine was broken in at 1,000 miles, at which time I changed the oil.

My dad always told me that if I take care of my car, it will take care of me. However, no matter how many times I wash and wax her, I cannot get any reciprocation. Doh!

-K

|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #6
FROROCKS

Welcome aboard!! They are one of the few things in our lives that will put a grin on your face and make you giggle like a little kid again!! ENJOY!
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228
"Fear God and Dreadnought" -Adm. Jackie Fischer...

FROROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #7
FROROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike
I had a rough time getting my car also. There are many Pontiac dealers in my area, but due to lack of professionalism (and GTOs), I ended up taking a two hour road trip to purchase my car. It was well worth the drive.
I too had a long drive to get my baby (4+hrs)! But also, well worth the time.
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228
"Fear God and Dreadnought" -Adm. Jackie Fischer...

FROROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement