Introduction - New Member Here - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > New and Prospective Owner Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
1BAD02RT

Introduction - New Member Here

Hello All,

I joined this forum in hopes of of learning all I can about this car; positives, negatives, and indifferent opinions. I plan to purchase a newer "weekend car" in roughly a year have given alot of consideration to the 6.0L GTO. I have spent many nights searching online for the best "bang for your buck" in the category of raw performance and I think I hit it on the nose with a 2005+ GTO. Given their depreciation isn't all that great, I could afford a low-mile M^ 6.0L priced in the low 20's. Finding one that hasn't been beat is another story. But anyhow, I hope to learn alot from this site and I'm most definately going to build up the car! I can't believe how many video's pop up when you type in Cammed GTO in YouTube......the aftermarket for these cars is phenomenal!

A bit about myself. I'm in my last year if undergrad, majoring in Finance at Oakland University in Auburn Hills, Michigan. I currently own a 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T, which I purchased recently for my daily driver. It is quite modifed (appearance) but tastefully done if I do say so myself. Prior to the Stratus I had a turbocharged Dodge Neon with a Hahn Racecraft kit on it. That was a fun little car!

My 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T

My 1997 Dodge Neon Base (Sold)

I think I will be ready to step up to the big dogs once I get my degree. It's so hard though, to choose between a quiet sleeper and a roaring beast! But then again, I guess everyone that knows a thing or two about cars knows the capability of the GTO, eh?
1BAD02RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #2
mechanic58
Banned

Selling the neon was a good choice....neon ownership is a very good way to get your ass kicked. :-)

Welcome.

P.S. The stratus would be a good candidate for a Hemi Charger undercarriage retrofit. Can you operate a tig welder?
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
1BAD02RT

Not sure what you mean exactly by an "undercarriage retro-fit" and I do not know how to weld - something I have always wanted to learn to do. My pops has a 2006 300C Hemi and for the size of the car, that thing can move! I can only image that drivetrain in my stratus.....it'd probably run low 13's with no mods!
1BAD02RT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
Nocturn

a 300C can not move, it is slow heavy pig for the power it has. 2 ton cars FTL

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
a 300C can not move, it is slow heavy pig for the power it has. 2 ton cars FTL
C'mon Noc, tell us what you really think about the car.

I happen to concur.

Regardless, welcome aboard. Once you get in your GTO you'll forget you ever owned your FWD Chyrsler products.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement