sigh i have emissions - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Exhaust Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
andyx181x

sigh i hate emissions

sadly i have to wait for K&N to make their system CARB Exempt since its not considered legal here in CA. to makes matters worst kooks headers aren't legal here as well, i need alternatives to what will be good for my GTO. any suggestions?

Last edited by andyx181x; 12-16-2006 at 02:24 AM.
andyx181x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2006, 09:57 PM   #2
Wretched 6.0

Send a message via AIM to Wretched 6.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyx181x
sadly i have to wait for K&N to make their system CARB Exempt since its not considered legal here in CA. to makes matters worst kooks headers aren't legal here as well, i need alternatives to what will be good for my GTO. any suggestions?
You can get JBA shortie headers, and as for the CIA, it takes 5 minutes to change them out, just put your stock unit back in for testing.
Comfort - Sirius Sportster5
Handling - Completely PEDDERIZED Suspension

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wretched 6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
LA_Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyx181x
You have emissions!? What did we tell you about eating beans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched 6.0
You can get JBA shortie headers, and as for the CIA, it takes 5 minutes to change them out, just put your stock unit back in for testing.
+1...another idea would be to implement a Volant CAI, which is a completely enclosed CAI similar to the stock setup. No one would know what they were looking at if they popped the hood. I do not know what they do in Cali, but here in Louisiana, they do not pop the hood. It seems to me that you might be able to get away with long tube headers, with catted mid-pipes.

I know that are some high performance goats residing in Cali, you might want to find one or two of these guys/gals and ask them what they are doing to get around the emissions rules and regulations.

I have an Internet buddy, Will, who just had a bunch of work done on his GTO to the tune of 484 rwhp / 458 rwtq. Currently he is in Kentucky, but resides in Louisiana. If I recall our conversations correctly, he is moving to Calfornia. I will shoot him an email and inquire whether or not he has given the subject of emissions any consideration (I just sent Will email...and I will let you know what his response is).

-K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
LA_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2006, 02:26 AM   #4
andyx181x

the shorties i would consider but i already had guys on this forum saying shorties don't give you the most power compared to long tubes. be sure your friend checks out emmissions if he's moving to cali, most likely they will force him to smog check it when he gets here. you know the emissions here are so tough, and yet they dont work!
Old 12-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #5
mechanic58
Banned

I have emissions too, cept *mine* smell like a combination of FEET, SOUR DISHRAGS and HOT VOMIT. :-)
mechanic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:41 PM   #6
andyx181x

ewww lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement