Gonna be a GTO owner - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > New and Prospective Owner Forum

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
ranger11x

Gonna be a GTO owner

Hello everyone,
I am STRONGLY considering purchasing a 2006 manual GTO the one i have my sights on has about 60,000 mi and is a private pary this thing is in mint condtion and runs great but its also all stock. I have only ever had one domestic car out of the 8 ive owned it was a 1984 corvette and it was a hunk of garbage! ever since then ive turned away from this crowd and went to imports (flame on) However about 3 weeks ago a new guy came to post with an 06 gto and i fell in love with the car. gobs of power stylish non bland interior like most new GM's all in all the car just fits. As an import enthusiast I have learned to appercieate the superior handling of such cars as the rx-7,wrx sti,prelude with suspension work and a few others. I have noticed that the GTO does not perform well in this area. Please don't throw the 1/4 mile drag race thing at me because the world ain't a straight line and there's nothing like carving a corner at 55+ MPH! I would like to know how best to attack this issue when i buy the car. springs and struts are of course the standard answer but I know nothing of domestic brands or how well adj coilovers sway bars poly mounts ect..do on this platform. what would be some of the upgrades, trusted brands, companys and websites i could go to for this car that would still allow me to enjoy my aggressive and spirited driving style. Also could you fill me in on problem areas with this car such as maintenance issues or common part failures. I am new to the "dark side" so please any help would greatly be appreciated
ranger11x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement