xm radio rocks - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > NewAgeGTO Lounge

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-15-2004, 06:56 PM   #1
impulsivegoat

just got xm radio in my goat..it rocks the house..no more commericials..no more DJs and no more hearing the same **** song 20 times a day!!!
impulsivegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:31 PM   #2
formula79
Administrator

I love XM...we have it in the GP!
formula79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:57 PM   #3
zigor2

XM is great I have it in my Grand Prix. I tried everything before it (CD changer, mp3 player), and I was simply tired with making custom CDs.
BTW where did you install antenna in your GTO?
zigor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:21 PM   #4
impulsivegoat

because it was magnetic antenna, they installed it on the roof where the window and roof meet...looks good...the only thing i am working on is that they mounted the receiver unit down by the shifter and i am having difficulty seeing the display so i am taking it back to have them adjust so i can see it easier
Old 06-16-2004, 11:14 AM   #5
Howie

I've got XM in my Rainier and love it. I've been thinking of adding it to the Goat. I'd like to see how your aftermarket unit looks.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:29 AM   #6
desertgoat

What brand did you buy?

How much and where?

Any pics?

Would love to see how this looks. XM is something I also want installed in the goatster.
desertgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 02:52 PM   #7
impulsivegoat

hey desertgoat,
will email a picture..i got the delphi skyfi system...bought all the parts off ebay and had circuit city install it for $50....heres the best part!!! BECAUSE THE GTO IS A NEW CAR....ALTHOUGH XM RADIO IS NOT INSTALLED ON THE GTO...XM WILL HONOR 3 FREE MONTHS OF XM RADIO WHEN YOU INSTALL XM!!! THIS IS WAY COOL!!! They treat it as if it was a Grand Prix or Grand Am with XM. 3 free months!!!!!!!! The radio was installed in the little comparment in front of the shifter...really you lose that space but it stays out of sight and does not interfere with the shifter! email me if you have any questions!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 02:58 PM   #8
desertgoat

Quote:
Originally posted by impulsivegoat@Jun 16 2004, 02:52 PM
hey desertgoat,
will email a picture..i got the delphi skyfi system...bought all the parts off ebay and had circuit city install it for $50....heres the best part!!! BECAUSE THE GTO IS A NEW CAR....ALTHOUGH XM RADIO IS NOT INSTALLED ON THE GTO...XM WILL HONOR 3 FREE MONTHS OF XM RADIO WHEN YOU INSTALL XM!!! THIS IS WAY COOL!!! They treat it as if it was a Grand Prix or Grand Am with XM. 3 free months!!!!!!!! The radio was installed in the little comparment in front of the shifter...really you lose that space but it stays out of sight and does not interfere with the shifter! email me if you have any questions!!!
Thanks. I'll be checking it out.

Email me at :

[email protected]

Would be highly obliged if you send some pics. Thanks.
desertgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 04:41 PM   #9
impulsivegoat

here's a pic of the installation......done at circuit city
Old 06-16-2004, 07:00 PM   #10
Howie

Looks like it'd be a pain to press any of the factory radio button on the bottom row. Do you have any problems shifting into 1, 3 or 5??
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:20 PM   #11
gtomikey

How is the sound qulity with this? I have heard that there are some compression anomolies kind of like listening to music on the internet. Have they fixed that?
:type:
gtomikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:20 PM   #12
04GOATGERM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howie@Jun 16 2004, 07:00 PM
Looks like it'd be a pain to press any of the factory radio button on the bottom row. Do you have any problems shifting into 1, 3 or 5??
Yeah I agree. I am interested though.
04GOATGERM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:21 PM   #13
impulsivegoat

i have no problems with the shifter at all..and pressing the buttons is a little harder but again this was the place they recommended mounting without causing any damage to the interior..i am still able to press all the preset buttons on the radio without any problem..honestly i like xm so much probably wont ever listen to the radio again anyways...the sound is very good..i would say it is of CD quality and the blaupunkt system complements the sounds..i would recommend it to anyone who wants it in their goat!!
Old 06-16-2004, 09:23 PM   #14
impulsivegoat

i guess i should point out too..that i bought the in-line fm modulator so that i had a hard-wire installation vs. that ****py wireless FM modulator that would plug into the 12V outlet in the center console
Old 06-16-2004, 10:07 PM   #15
04GOATGERM

Quote:
Originally posted by impulsivegoat@Jun 16 2004, 09:21 PM
i have no problems with the shifter at all..and pressing the buttons is a little harder but again this was the place they recommended mounting without causing any damage to the interior..i am still able to press all the preset buttons on the radio without any problem..honestly i like xm so much probably wont ever listen to the radio again anyways...the sound is very good..i would say it is of CD quality and the blaupunkt system complements the sounds..i would recommend it to anyone who wants it in their goat!!
Cool...I'll probably get that. Enjoy! B)
04GOATGERM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement