GTO Interior GM's Best Ever - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Discussion > NewAgeGTO Lounge

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-08-2004, 10:40 AM   #1
srivendel

I had the privilege of sitting in a GTO this weekend at a local dealership. Some observations:

1. The exhaust note is beautiful. Even my wife was impressed, and she's not easily impressed.
2. The interior is unbelievably nice. Leather and suede everywhere. Soft touch controls. Perfect seats. It feels like a late 90s BMW interior, before they got Bangled.
3. This is the best GM interior ever. It's better than anything Cadillac is currently offering and so far beyond anything else in Pontiac's line-up that the entire Pontiac interior design department should be fired on the spot and Australians should be shipped in to take their place.
4. With 400hp next year, this car will be the screamingest bargain on the market. It is a nearly perfect mix of performance, style, substance, and luxury. GM deserves to sell every one of them that Holden can build.
5. I fear the 2007 model change-over. GM America will have a much heavier hand in the redesign, and is likely to screw everything up. I honestly don't see how this car could get any better (except for small niggles like a bigger trunk, less weight, etc) for the price.
6. Anyone who buys a $34,000 350Z instead of this car suffers from extreme import bias. The GTO positively stomps the Z, esp with 400hp. The Z feels like a fancy Datsun. This, seriously, feels like a BMW. And, for the record, I have owned a Nissan SE-R, Civic Si, and a Miata, so I am not biased against Japanese cars.

S.
srivendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #2
svede1212

Quote:
Originally posted by srivendel@Jun 8 2004, 10:40 AM
I had the privilege of sitting in a GTO this weekend at a local dealership. Some observations:

1. The exhaust note is beautiful. Even my wife was impressed, and she's not easily impressed.
2. The interior is unbelievably nice. Leather and suede everywhere. Soft touch controls. Perfect seats. It feels like a late 90s BMW interior, before they got Bangled.
3. This is the best GM interior ever. It's better than anything Cadillac is currently offering and so far beyond anything else in Pontiac's line-up that the entire Pontiac interior design department should be fired on the spot and Australians should be shipped in to take their place.
4. With 400hp next year, this car will be the screamingest bargain on the market. It is a nearly perfect mix of performance, style, substance, and luxury. GM deserves to sel every one of them that Holden can build.
5. I fear the 2007 model change-over. GM America will have a much heavier hand in the redesign, and is likely to screw everything up. I honestly don't see how this car could get any better (except for small niggles like a bigger trunk, less weight, etc) for the price.

S.
ditto everything you said

Go:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- SD tune - HPT w/LC-1 - SLP LTs - FTI SS HT Cam - Stiffy - SLP UD - 243 Heads - Custom Exhaust - NW 102 TB - FAST 102 - 3.91s w/Spring Kit - DiffTech DS - Fjord 42# Green Tops - Diamond Stg 3 clutch

Handling: GMM Rip Shift - Harrop Cover - Koni's - Hotchkis - Lovells springs - SuperPro - Energy Susp - Pedders - '05 Brakes - 1" widened rear wheels
Show: Tints 55% Fronts, 15% Rear & Rear Sides - '06 Black Tails
svede1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:58 PM   #3
Gaijin

Yep, this interior is the best of anything to come out of GM. They should hire Holden designers to work on the stuff here.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:03 PM   #4
forestdweller

Quote:
Originally posted by srivendel@Jun 8 2004, 10:40 AM
6. Anyone who buys a $34,000 350Z instead of this car suffers from extreme import bias.
Dead on, esp on this point. You could even get the Infinity version (the G35 coupe) for less than a 350Z.
To stay competitive, Nissan should have supercharged the 350Z for '05 as has been rumoured for a while now. But they didn't, and the Z is now priced way out of its league. Or perhaps not, the GTO is just a bargain...
forestdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:56 PM   #5
desertgoat

Pontiac will price it accordingly. Next year. The MSRP for the 2005 model will be in the G35 and 350Z ballpark.
desertgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 04:04 PM   #6
1964GTO

The new GTO interior is hands down the best current Pontiac. The best ever i dont know. You cant compare a 64 GTO to a 04 GTO. Times have changed to much to compare. The only new Pontiac that comes close with interior quality is the Grand Prix and it has some way to go before it catches up. The only GM cars that i feel have the same interior quality as the new goat are the XLR( costs almost 80 large so its unfair), and some SRXs and CTSs.
As for the new GTO interior vs nissan. I just bought a nissan and think there interiors are very nice. I would not by a 34grand Z when if i could get a goat for 33grand, unless it was a roadster. The new GTO gets you more car for the money than the Z. The 350Z sells better because people love the exterior styling.
1964GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 05:33 PM   #7
TandA

"This is the best GM interior ever"

Thats becouse it's not really a GM.
TandA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 07:12 PM   #8
1964GTO

Quote:
Originally posted by TandA@Jun 8 2004, 05:33 PM

Thats becouse it's not really a GM.
Well it really is
1964GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 07:58 PM   #9
TandA

How is that. Holden is owned by GM, thats all. A SAAB interior wouldn't be considered a GM, so why would a Holden's?
TandA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:16 PM   #10
TriShield

Quote:
Originally posted by TandA@Jun 8 2004, 06:58 PM
Holden is owned by GM, thats all.
Holden is a division and brand of General Motors Corp. operated by General Motors just as Chevrolet is. The interior, and the entire car, is General Motors.

Saab is also a GM brand and are GM products.
TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:52 PM   #11
Nocturn

what he said.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:06 PM   #12
Goat Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by 1964GTO@Jun 8 2004, 04:04 PM
The new GTO interior is hands down the best current Pontiac. The best ever i dont know. You cant compare a 64 GTO to a 04 GTO. Times have changed to much to compare.
True, times have changed, but if you went back in time with the 2004 GTO they would be blown away and probably say it does have the best interior...They would be saddened by the exterior and would say its not a true GTO probably (Onless you had the split exhaust, hood scoops, and i different spoiler then they would probably like it more...
WHY AM I EVEN SAYING THIS HERE?!?!?!?
*leaves to go to the asylum* :frankie:
Goat Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:30 PM   #13
JCS30TH

Quote:
Originally posted by 1964GTO+Jun 9 2004, 12:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1964GTO &#064; Jun 9 2004, 12:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2004, 05:33 PM

Thats becouse it&#39;s not really a GM.
Well it really is [/b]

Actually it is not. It was designed and manufactured by Holden.

I will be shocked if the MSRP stays the same, but at 400hp and 32k

<!--QuoteBegin-TandA
@Jun 8 2004, 06:58 PM
Holden is owned by GM, thats all. [/quote]
Holden is a division and brand of General Motors Corp. operated by General Motors just as Chevrolet is. The interior, and the entire car, is General Motors.

Saab is also a GM brand and are GM products.

No, Holden is a company owned by GM, same as Ford owning Jag. Nobody looks at a jag gonig donw the road and says that is nice Ford :flush:
JCS30TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:13 PM   #14
Gaijin

This can quickly turn into a flaming argument so consider this the sprinkles of water that cool down the coals.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 12:12 AM   #15
desertgoat

Is it the BEST in the GM line up? The problem with using superlatives is that taste is a matter of opinion and very very subjective.

Is the 04 GTO interior good? It is very very good. I don&#39;t know if it is the best. GM is such a big corporation now and hard to put the GTO above all the Cadillacs, the Holdens, the Chevys, the GMC&#39;s.......

Personally, I have seen the black interior and I thought the quality was excellent. But I chose the red interior. I can only judge it based on pictures, at least until my goat gets here. But so far, as this picture shows, the interior looks awesome&#33;
desertgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement