What do you think? - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > Exhaust Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
FROROCKS

What do you think?

What do you guys and gals think of this Flowmaster 3" cat-back? Not loud enough? When I had it installed I thought it could be a little louder. The people at Flowmaster said to let it get a few miles, to break it in, and then see if I want it louder. Here some pictures of the same system and if you notice the little muffler like objects, they are the resinators. I'm thinking of having them removed and see what it sounds like. Hope this vid. works, my first time.[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I found out that this system was never realeased, because it would have been too expensive. I guess there was only 20 of them made and they gave me a deal to get rid of them.
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228
"Fear God and Dreadnought" -Adm. Jackie Fischer...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FROROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
FROROCKS

Crickets.....

Well I take it that by the number of comments, that no one liked it? Come on it doesn't sound that bad! If you think it sounds bad, just tell me, I have big shoulders, I CAN TAKE IT! Oh well, maybe this site is fading away......
SAP GRILL INSERTS AND SPOILER/TSW THRUXTONS STAGGERED 18" W/NITTO NTO5/DEPO TAIL LIGHTS
1 OF 228

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Sorry for some reason I missed your original post. Tone sounds good, but it could be a tad bit louder, at least for my taste. I wonder how it would sound if you ditch those resonators as you said. Site is fading away little by little though unfortunately.

How's the blower working out?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
cowboyili

Send a message via AIM to cowboyili
i used to read this all day at work haha, they seem to have banned it specifically due to high volumes (news to me). anyway, i think it could be louder, for sure. i'd probably remove the resonators. would probably hear more pop and crackle too. but on a better note, its better than mine. i'm aching to change my exhaust....
cowboyili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
blk sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyili View Post
i used to read this all day at work haha, they seem to have banned it specifically due to high volumes (news to me). Anyway, i think it could be louder, for sure. I'd probably remove the resonators. Would probably hear more pop and crackle too. But on a better note, its better than mine. I'm aching to change my exhaust....
+ 1..
blk sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
cncmasterofor

What Flowmaster series are those? I haven't seen a set up like that before.
cncmasterofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
I found out that this system was never realeased, because it would have been too expensive. I guess there was only 20 of them made and they gave me a deal to get rid of them.
Fro had this under the pics. Maybe he could elaborate a little more.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

Old 08-15-2009, 10:49 PM   #8
FROROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmasterofor View Post
What Flowmaster series are those? I haven't seen a set up like that before.
It was developed, but never advertised to the general public due to cost. And I remember seeing someone else had picked one up and that's where I got those pics., but that was awhile back, and I thought they were all gone. So when I was going to have a custom one built at a local Flowmaster shop, the manager came across one in Cali., told me about it and how much cheaper it was going to be. It's a bolt on, comes w/3" pipes from the cat's to the super 40s, tips, resonators, and a scavenging pipe. Like I said, they gave me a deal on the price because they wanted to get rid of them and I believe only 20 were made. With shipping, install, and taxes-$504.03.
I'm still debating about the removal of the resonators. Because the TVS1900 is much more quieter than the last Gen. superchargers, it may drown it out. I like the sound of my supercharger. I may have them remove them and hang onto them just in case I want to put them back on.
1 OF 228

Last edited by FROROCKS; 08-15-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
FROROCKS

I removed the resonators and it did change the note a little. It's a tad louder and deeper, I'll post a vid. and see if you guys notice a difference. Only a slight drone, but only at a lower rpm. The shop manager told me there is still a few of these systems left if anyone is interested pm me.
On a personnal note, found a isolated stretch of farm road, flat and clear. With a friend, a full tank of gas, I did some hard launches up to some triple digits. It was a blast. The added weight really helped my traction issue, still have to gently throttle into 1st gear though, but she didn't step out as bad into 2nd.
1 OF 228

Last edited by FROROCKS; 09-06-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #10
FROROCKS

Update

Resonator-

SS pipe replacement-
1 OF 228

Old 09-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #11
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Hey you can stash a 12 pack up in the space that resonator was taking up.

I'll be honest, I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference between the 2 clips. I think it does have an ever so slightly "meaner" sound with the resonators off. A little less "bassy" or deep and a little more "edgy" or harsher if you get my meaning. It's always hard to tell over a sound clip, I'm sure I'd be able to tell the difference to a greater extent in person I'd guess. Maybe you should lend that blown beast to me a while.

Last edited by Orbit Orange; 09-08-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #12
FROROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Orange View Post
Hey you can stash a 12 pack up in the space that resonator was taking up.

I'll be honest, I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference between the 2 clips. I think it does have an ever so slightly "meaner" sound with the resonators off. A little less "bassy" or deep and a little more "edgy" or harsher if you get my meaning. It's always hard to tell over a sound clip, I'm sure I'd be able to tell the difference to a greater extent in person I'd guess. Maybe you should lend that blown beast to me a while.
For a fellow IBM GTO pilot, suurrre.lol But I must warn you, once you have drivin it, yours might get a little jealous. And you remember what they say,"Hell have no fury, than an GTO scorned". I think that's how it goes?

But back to the "sound". I've noticed it gets a little more attention now with the new exhaust. Well that and that bearing going out on the alternator.
1 OF 228

Old 09-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #13
cncmasterofor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROROCKS View Post
I've noticed it gets a little more attention now with the new exhaust. Well that and that bearing going out on the alternator.

That's not the bearing on your alternator. It's your power steering going out! Well at least that's what some guy told me. LOL...I guess he didn't see the 6" cowl hood on the Camaro.
cncmasterofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement