Auto Headlight Function - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > 2004 GTO Specific General Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
cowboyili

Send a message via AIM to cowboyili
Auto Headlight Function

I have an '04 GTO and was wondering if anyone else has had any similar problems with the electric switch for the headlights. If I leave my switch on "Auto," sometimes it does not kill the headlights when I remove the key from the switch and lock the car. Other times though, it does work properly. I've noticed that if it's not working, I can turn off the car and put the switch to off. When I start the car again, usually I can freely move the switch from Auto to Off and it will work properly - but I was just wondering why it would do this and if anyone has swapped out small parts and fixed the issue before??
cowboyili is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Haven't had that problem in my 04. Wiring or fuse issue???

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
cowboyili

Ya, that's what im thinking too. Probably some weird wiring issue. It might be worth trying to replace the switch, but at the same time - it doesnt bother me that much. I just keep it at "Off" normally. Even then, the car overrides it and turns on the running lights. So i guess its not a big deal. My issue must be a fluke...or a bad part or something.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
britt06gto

im not having trouble with my outside lights im having trouble with my dash lights
britt06gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
Orbit Orange
Super Moderator

Quote:
im not having trouble with my outside lights im having trouble with my dash lights
Still under warrantee? Could be a fuse possibly.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
K&N CAI, JBA shorty headers & catted mids, SLP LM1, Pred. tuner, ported stock TB and MAF ends, Derale trans pan cooler, 180 Tstat, TB coolant bypass, Hankook Ventus V12's, King 0" drop rear springs, drag bags, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks, SLP rear sway bar w/ end link bushings, Lovell's RR bushings, BMR skidplate, tow brace delete kit, DEPO black tail lamps, SCSS pod w/Aeroforce gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orbit Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
Sandros gto

Lightbulb Newbie here quick question to anyone

I Just bought myself a GTO here in Ottawa,Canada might be the only one in town and i was wondering... i really like the clarity of the lexus,bmw's,mercedes headlight.....i guess you called them HID's (not much into tech stuff) but if so how can i get in on the GTO and is it already set up for it?
Sandros gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:33 PM   #7
cncmasterofor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandros gto View Post
I Just bought myself a GTO here in Ottawa,Canada might be the only one in town and i was wondering... i really like the clarity of the lexus,bmw's,mercedes headlight.....i guess you called them HID's (not much into tech stuff) but if so how can i get in on the GTO and is it already set up for it?
http://www.gremlynsgarage.com/index.php?cPath=21
cncmasterofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
cowboyili

you can find HID kits on ebay for about $50. usually, from what i understand, you have to drill out the old holes for the old lightbulbs, but everyone seems to like them more.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:36 AM   #9
ema

Yup, I found one at e-bay. The price ranges from $50-60. But I found one also at this site where I bought my jba headers.Try checking both. Adiue!
ema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #10
svede1212

the PCM in the GTO is weird. you need to come to a full stop and then turn off the car before you open the door. failure to follow that order can make the headlights stay on.

Go:
- SD tune - HPT w/LC-1 - SLP LTs - FTI SS HT Cam - Stiffy - SLP UD - 243 Heads - Custom Exhaust - NW 102 TB - FAST 102 - 3.91s w/Spring Kit - DiffTech DS - Fjord 42# Green Tops - Diamond Stg 3 clutch

Handling: GMM Rip Shift - Harrop Cover - Koni's - Hotchkis - Lovells springs - SuperPro - Energy Susp - Pedders - '05 Brakes - 1" widened rear wheels
Show: Tints 55% Fronts, 15% Rear & Rear Sides - '06 Black Tails
svede1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #11
cowboyili

svede, that's an awesome tip. i bet that's my problem - thank you so much for your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement