A suggestion for a better launch - Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum
NewAge GTO Forums

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forums: Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Tech > GTO Racing Tech

Newagegto.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-01-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
1bdgoat

Some friends and I were talking about going to the track. They were saying how my GTO would burn up the track and just general bs. I said it would do pretty good if you could launch it cuz it's a job to get it right. THen one of my buddy's suggested loosening the sway bar from the front left, so it would lift the front and transfer more weight to the rear seems like it would work, but I thought I would ask here for some opinions. What ya'll think?
1bdgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 09:49 AM   #2
juniorcruzer

Have you been able to watch another GTO launch? These things almost suffer from to much squating in the rear.

I'm not an expert and not sure how that would work. I just think there is a ton of weight transfer already on these cars. Especially with drag tires on.

Jon
juniorcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
Nocturn

Weight transfer is never a bad thing. The sway bar trick might work, but I don't see the point as you won't gain much and I imagine its a PITA to do.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
anmracing

I agree with Nocturn. Weight transfer is your friend.... Always take advantage of it. Loosing the sway bar will help but not worth the effort....
anmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement